Wednesday, November 15, 2006

FINALLY!!!!!





On October 28th, 2006 I walked across the stage to accept my Bachelor of Science in Human Resources Leadership, Summa Cum Laude from Sullivan University. Many of you were aware that I was taking courses and that I continue to take courses even now. But upon reflection (with Momma's help) I realized that I began taking courses in 1998 while stationed at Fort Hood. Eight years?!! No wonder it seems like it has taken me forever. But then again the transient nature of military life had a lot to do with that (not to mention two changes in my major). I started as a Computer Science Major but when I realized there would be no jobs left when I graduated I transferred to Hawaii Pacific University and began Corporate Communications. Upon arriving in KY I quickly learned that there was no such degree here and since I was working in Human Resources I decided I should probably have a degree in HR.

So with Chris deployed I began taking four courses (16 credit hours) at a time while continuing to work full time. One semester I took five courses (20 credit hours), I know it was insane but Chris wasn't here so what else was I going to do. Anyway, I finished Sullivan's degree program in just over a year .

Our house was full the week of graduation: Mom Eisler, along with Mom, Don, and Hannah all came out for the event and we had a wonderful time. Chris keeps telling me how proud he is and I swear he wants to make copies of my diploma to hang on every wall of the house. He has been very supportive of my education and professional drive. How nice it is to be so loved!!!!

I took one semester off so Chris and I could go back to Scotland with Mom and Dad Eisler. I know I owe everyone pictures, I'll get to it - I promise. We arrived back in the US on September 23rd, and I reported back to class on September 25th. I am currently working on my MBA in Human Resource Management and expect to finish in two years. I'll want a big PARTY for that graduation.

Love, Rhea Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home