Friday, July 01, 2005

My collection



Rhea wanted me to add this stuff to the web page. The center medallion (Pewter CID Badge) I received when I re-enlisted for two more years. I will have just over one year remaining when I return from Iraq. The coin above that is a United States Army Europe Coin I received from the 1ST Infantry Division (Germany) when they were here. The coin to the right of the medallion is from the Provost Marshal on FOB Danger. He is the Commander of the Military Police Unit here. The coin below the medallion is from Four Star General Schoomaker, the Army Chief of Staff. I received that coin for protecting him while he was on FOB Danger a couple of months ago. The coin in the upper left side of the photograph is from Four Star General Myers, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. In other words he is in charge of the United States Military. He is actually an Air Force General and a real nice guy. I received that one for protecting him while he was here too. The coin that has the gold CID Badge is from my Battalion Operations Office. She reviewed a case I am working on and said our office did a real good job on the investigation we are currently working on. The coin she gave me is an Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (AFIP) coin. From what I am told, that coin is the hardest coin to receive as a CID Agent, only because in order to get one you have to work on a type of case that I am working on. I have over 35 coins from my time in the military and for me to receive this one, from a Forensic Science Officer means the most to me. I am not going to mention her name because I don’t know if she wants me to, but it is definitely the most meaningful. She is the senior CID Agent in the Iraqi theater of operations and she talks to me like I have known her for years. She is a great mentor and will train any Agent without a thought as to her rank or position.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey wait a minute. Are you counting any of my coins in that total of 35? Just checking because somehow along the way my collection simply got "merged" with yours. I know, I know, I only had a few but I want credit for mine. Especially the one from Tom. Laughs.

Actually, it really doesn't matter, I'm very proud of you, you deserve any recognition you receive. Thanks for sharing these with us.

I love and miss you dearly.
Love, Rhe

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great collection Chris!
I'm also very proud of you - these momentos indicate the type of quality job you are doing. I'm looking forward to having you show me these coins in person soon. But the blogger pictures are cool too.
I wonder: Do Generals design their own coins? (I guess a General can do anything they want to....right?)

Regards,
Gregg Keith

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your collection is really growing Chris. These are beautiful, and I know that you have earned each one of them with your hard work and sacrifice. We are all very proud of you and pray daily for your safe return to your beautiful wife. Love, Mom

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was not aware of the number of coins you have and what they all meant to you. I can tell by the way you wrote about them, that they have great meaning and you will treasure them for many years to come. You have earned them well, and deserve each and every one. Be proud of what you do and how you do it. I know I am. Love you. Mom

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the inspectors that come in to where I work is an ex-marine and he is always talking about the coins he has and is still getting, so I know how very important these are and how very special you have to be to get some of them. It sounds like your mentor is a special person and realizes that same quality in you.
love ya
aunt d

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have the story where Chris is afraid of a little snake..or two...or three...and then we see what makes him the man he is today. I'm honored to have him as my bro. Great job in what you've achieved and continue to stay safe. Looking forward to the day when you come home for good.

your bro,
Rob

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi and hope everything is OK with you. It won't be too much longer now - you'll be able to go to the Red Lobster instead of Burger King and all those other fancy restaurants in Iraq.

See you soon - Take care - Lynn Ingmire

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home