Thursday, September 15, 2005

Wiffle Ball Abduction


Home Maker-6,

I could not pass on the opportunity to pass along another story of our “chris’s” “heroism”.

I awoke one morning to Chris asking me if I had heard anything unusual the night before. Now, you may remember from earlier correspondence that I am somewhat of a deep sleeper. Therefore, my response was “No”. Chris told me about how he had awoke in the middle of the night, about 0300, and lay there wondering why he had awoke. Then he relates how the waffle ball that he had hung on his wall chose that exact moment to fall from it’s perch. Of course, Chris relates, he was immediately up off of the bed, lights on, trying to determine the source of the noise and trying to verify that no “aliens” or “varmints” had come calling in the night. (I was rolling at this point!).

Note: Chris has been watching the X-files to all hours of the night and has been telling me that he has been having strange dreams as a result!

Fast forward to your most recent posting. You state in this post that Chris’s room is immaculate and no one is allowed in his room. For the most part, this is a true statement. However, Chris does leave his room on occasion. (Infrequently). When he is not in his room, I pay the room a visit. (Only sometimes). What I saw this morning brought a smile to my face as I chuckled, remembering the incident. On his desk, securely nestled between what appear to be computer speakers, is the waffle ball. (Refer to attached picture.) Apparently, Chris is not going to mount it back where it can fall in the middle of the night again! This our oh SO Brave, self-appointed, “Fox Moulder”!

P.S. I am sure he told me, but off the top of my head I can’t remember who it was. Thank you to whomever sent Chris the Stickball Bat and Wiffle ball. He carries that stick like a swagger stick and wacks me at least once a day!

SA Travis Gregory
___________________________________________________________________
Thanks Mongo. It was I who sent the stick ball set (Dad E. mailed it for me) so I feel I must apologize for the daily abuse you are now receiving. I should warn you though, if these postings keep coming the level and frequency of said abuse may increase significantly. This is a great story and a perfect example of why I love my husband so much.

Love, Rhe

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thaks for the warning, HM-6. Unfortunately, Chris saw the posting before I did so I was caught unsuspecting. I was watching a movie in my room when he walks in with the stick. (He carries it all of the time, so the light bulb didn't go off!) He makes reference to your posting and begins pummeling me with said stick! I will probably be in for more abuse, as you cautioned, because this is just way too much fun!

Mongo

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are having waaaaay too much fun with this!! My poor Chris. And Rhea is totally correct when she said he is the perfect "Chris" so there is no need for a nickname. "Chris" says all it needs to say. I often compare notes with other Moms who have a "Chris" and strange as it may sound, they all seem to have a streak in them that makes them mischievious, playful, roguish. Use a Thesaurus and you'll probably find "Chris" under all those words. So my sweet, stay with "Just Chris" and I think that will give you the perfect nickname. Love you. Mom

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris says, so is Mom suggesting "Just Chris" is a nicname? Sound slike one to me.

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way can "Just Chris" be his nickname. "Just Chris" sounds like an ordinary person, one that you would expect to be just plodding along, no surprises, unassuming and safe. People would be caught off guard. Then when he showed his real colors there would be chaos, no one would know what to do, everyone would be running and screaming. "Just Chris" would then control the world. Tricks would be played on every person, young and old. The entire world would be neat and clean. This is just a small sample of the powers he would have. Do you really want that to happen???????????
aunt d

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home