Saturday, November 25, 2006

Edinburgh Castle #1

After the Scott Monument we went up the hill to tackle the castle again. We had a choice of taking more stairs or a steep hill. After 287 (now 288) steps we of course opted for the hill. This choice brought us through side streets with more shops where Mom and I just had to stop. Chris and dad were very patient.
Here Mom and Dad are relaxing while Chris and I got the tickets. Must be nice!! The guard at the front agreed that they seemed a bit dodgy!

Here we all are up at the top enjoying the views waiting for the One O'Clock cannon to go off.

I got this shot as the cannon went off. I knew it was coming but I still jumped, luckily the shot came out great. This cannon was/is used to synchronize the watches/clocks around the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home