Friday, March 18, 2005

I want to ride my bicycle.


This is Chris and his bike. Not the best bike but it works just the same. We are trying to order better ones but not that many companies ship to an Army Post Office. In case anyone of you who read this and send me packages wants to know that APO stands for army post office and AE stands for army europe. That is why it takes so long for packages and letters to get here. It all goes to New York, then to Germany then to Kuwait, then to Baghdad and then to Tikrit. So it does take a little while. I got another box from Aunt Dianne the other day. Good stuff and thanks. I had a little scare with my health last week, ask Mom or Rhea Jo. So if you decide to send me something to eat, please be kind and make sure it is health food. Mom and Rhea recently sent me some boxes and they are not even here yet. So they tell me that when they get here I don't get to eat anything they send me and I have to share. Rude! I am feeling better though. My doctor told me that if I like the way something tastes then it it bad for me. I am hurting, I have been eating oatmeal and cherios for a week. Anyway, Scott, Paul, Travis and myself go for a bike ride every day around 1600. Right before dinner, so it is cooler than at noon time. There are some good hills and off road trails that we ride on. I shouldn't say trails but we don't spend to much time on the road. We jump, go down embankments and stuff like that. Now we are no professionals, but it is a fun way to do physical training. When I told Rhea that I was riding bikes again she asked me if I got a letter from my commander saying it was alright. I have a tendancy to play hard and I usally get hurt. It will happen it is just a matter of time. Posted by Hello

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to see you looking so well. After your "health scare" last week, I needed to see you looking so good. I know how hard you play all the time and I've made many a trip to the ER with you to sew up, patch up, bind up and clean up your wounds. Some things never change and I'm so happy that you haven't. Still the little boy I remember. Be careful sweetheart. We want you to come home all in one piece. Love, Mom

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now everyone is gonna call me to find out what's wrong with you. Just to let everyone know, Chris is Fine.

I'm glad you're having fun on the bikes but you do need to be careful. I'm still not convince you have authorization to be on that thing.

Looking Good Baby! Love, Rhe

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you -- you gave us quite a scare. Rhea Jo was with me Sunday - scrapbooking and I sure was glad to get the message that you were OK. Next package will have healthy stuff!! You take good care of yourself - don't know if there are very many SAFE bike trails over there in Tikrit so watch your back!!
By the way, Aaron got back to Germany on his birthday - March 8 and they have picked up his new toy...a 2005 Mustang!
See ya soon - Take care (I know, I've already said that) Lynn

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris
Now that I know what is going on with you there will be no more tastycakes ! ! ! So the ones you just got - give them away - NOW.
I promise when you are all better and able to eat the good stuff again, I will buy you a whole case.

Love ya,
aunt d

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like everybody else, you scared the hell out of me. And Mom and I sent you 5 boxes of stuff you shouldn't eat. So make sure you give them all away. And stick to the good shit. Love, Dad

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, I don't know you but have enjoyed your site as well as Paul's. My husband is also stationed at FOB Danger and it is nice to see pictures. He doesn't have a web page and I only her from him about once a week. Keep your head down and your chin up.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home