Wednesday, January 19, 2005

GUS, the Iraqi Carp


Finaly my first Iraqi Carp. The day was cold and partly cloudy, with a slight breeze from the south, good thing or I would have scared him away. I was playing ping pong with Travis on the back porch when I looked into the water about five feet from shore, I saw him feasting on his lunch. I ran, I grabbed the pole, I put a date on the hook, I casted, I pulled and hooked a 24", 5.5 pound fish that looks like it belongs on the Simpsons. I don't know what happened but half of his jaw is missing. Scott thinks a turtle bit him. I call him Gus. Don't know why but I do. Dad this is the one you need to take cabining, blow it up, put it in a frame and take me in the canoe with you. Tell Marty not to hook me though. No I am not going to eat it, it was all slimy. Scott took it off the hook for me because I didn't want to touch it, with the jaw thing going on. Course that brings me to another story. Dad took the family to New Hampshire one year in the summer time. I caught my first cat fish there. The problem was that the thing was so ugly, I didn't want to touch it. So Chris, rod, reel, fishing line, hook and catfish ran back from the pier, up the stairs and towards the house yelling for some help. Dad took it off the hook. I don't like slimy things. I won the ping pong game after the pictures were taken. See ya. Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did not tell this correctly and you know it. You did not simply run to the house "yelling" for help. You ran to the house screaming, "Get it Off! Get it Off!" like a girl. And I don't know why you tried to hide that detail, you know I will "out" you every time. Cause I Love Ya. Good job Baby!

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice fish...I just got your website on Monday and it is great to see all of the pictures and to see you are doing well. Love, Your cousin Kelly

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad you finally got that under your belt. Another acomplishment you can cross off your list of "to do". Not really a bad looking fish. Not pretty, but not bad looking. Good job! Keep up the good work. Love ya. Mom

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Chris. Gus met his match with you. And what is this about someone else having to take the fish off for you. I laughed so hard I was crying when I read the first comment.
love ya
aunt d

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home